Subjects to Study - For-Hire Vessel Operators Examinations
The following subjects are suggested for study in preparation for the written examination. Items #1 through #6 furnished by the Division.
- The California Boating Law excerpts.
- California Boating Safety Course.
- ABCs of the California Boating Law.
- Basic Facts about Life Preservers.
- Basic Facts about Marine Fire Extinguishers.
- Boating Safety Card.
- Piloting, Seamanship and Small Boat Handling by Charles F. Chapman (local bookstore or library).
- Red Cross First Aid and Water Safety (American Red Cross).
The subjects covered on the examination include the following:
- State Laws and Regulations:
Waterway Marking System
- Fire Prevention
- Safe Boat Operation
- Vessel Maintenance
- First Aid