- Spongeplant Control Program
- The California Department of Parks and Recreation, Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) was designated as the lead agency to manage South American spongeplant by California Assembly Bill 1540 (Buchanan, Chapter 188, Statutes of 2012). The new Spongeplant Control Program will be operated in parallel with the existing Water Hyacinth Control Program (WHCP) and Egeria densa Control Program (EDCP). Spongeplant is a floating, non-native, invasive aquatic weed with the potential to negatively impact navigation, agricultural pumping and the Delta ecosystem. Click here to learn more.
- Notice Of Proposed Rulemaking - RESUMED
On October 1, 2013, the Division of Boating and Waterways submitted to the Office of Administrative Law (OAL) the proposed emergency regulations for Title 14 of the California Code, Division 4, Chapter 1, Articles 1.5 and 1.6: Quagga and Zebra Mussel Infestation Prevention Fee.This submission follows the Boating and Waterways Commission meeting held September 23, 2013 in Sacramento where the Commissioners reviewed, heard public comments and made its comments on the proposed regulations. Information and deadlines regarding further public comments on the emergency regulations are on the OAL website at www.oal.ca.gov.
- Water Hyacinth Control Program
- The California Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) is conducting herbicide treatments to control Water Hyacinth in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Region. Click here to learn more.
- Egeria Densa Control Program
- The California Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) is conducting an herbicide program to control Egeria Densa in certain areas of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Region. Click here to learn more.