Boating Safety and Enforcement Equipment Grant Program
In accordance with Title 14, 6594.1, of the California Government Code of Regulations, California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) provides grants to local government agencies to purchase boating safety and law enforcement equipment through the Law Enforcement Equipment Grant Program.
Agencies interested in applying for a grant must submit a completed application packet by April 30 of each year, prior to the start of the federal fiscal year in which grant funds are requested. You may submit applications along with the “Letter of Intent” to:
California State Parks
Division of Boating and Waterways
ATTN: Corrina Dugger
One Capitol Mall, Suite 410
Sacramento, CA 95814
Local government agencies who can demonstrate a need for boating safety and law enforcement equipment pursuant to the application assessment criteria. Grants are for local boating safety and law enforcement only.
- Law Enforcement Patrol Boats
- Marine Patrol Equipment
- Personal Watercraft (PWC)
- Search and Rescue Equipment
- Dive Gear
- Engines, repowers and replacements
- LETTER OF INTENT: On your agency’s letterhead, title this page “Letter of Intent” and include a statement of need. This statement should briefly explain existing or historical need associated with boating safety and law enforcement equipment procurement. State the amount of anticipated costs for specific equipment needs.
- GRANT APPLICATION: Complete the Grant Application. Note that the contact person is the individual representing your agency and will be DBW’s direct contact who will address ALL questions and concerns on behalf of the grantee.
Use the following information only to appeal the denial of an application.
E-mail: Ramona Fernandez, Boating Operations Program Manager
Call: (888) 326-2822
Write: One Capital Mall, Suite 410, Sacramento, CA 95814