Facility Grants and Loans
Grants and Loans Available for Recreational Boating Facilities with Public Access
Loan and Grant Applications are Accepted on a Continuous Basis
The application deadline for consideration with Fiscal Year 2016/17 funding is February 2, 2015.
Grants and loans are awarded on a competitive basis.
Grants are made to qualifying public agencies to fund facilities such as boat launching ramps, boarding floats, and associated parking areas, restrooms, and lighting for motorized and non-motorized boaters.
Loans are made to qualifying public and private entities to pay for improvements to marinas.
See below for useful documents pertaining to grant and loan applications:
- Application Instructions
- Application for Private Loans, Local Assistance Loans, or Boat Launching Facilities (BLF) Grant Funding
- Local Assistance Boat Launching Facility (BLF) Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Application for Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Funding
- Application for Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Funding
- Scope Items Guide
- Resolution Samples and Instructions
- Benefit/Cost Analysis Worksheet
- Application Packet Checklist
For more information, please contact Joe Dux at Joe.Dux@parks.ca.gov or (916) 327-1816.