Boating Infrastructure Grant (BIG) Program
Boating Infrastructure Grants (BIG)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1, 2017
Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) is now accepting applications for U.S. Fish and Wildlife, BIG Tier I and Tier II grants. DBW is the designated State entity for administering these programs. Funding is through the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program.
These Federal grants are for boating infrastructure improvements that service transient recreational vessels at least 26ft long. Transient vessels are those “passing through” staying 15-days or less.
Projects completed using BIG funds must provide public access and may be publically or privately owned.
BIG Program is intended to:
- Enhance access to recreational, historic, cultural and scenic resources
- Strengthen community ties to the water’s edge and economic benefits
- Promote public/private partnerships and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Provide continuity of public access to the shore
- Promote awareness of transient boating opportunities
Tier I: Up to $200,000 is available for projects in California.All Tier I grants must meet the eligibility requirements of 50 CFR 86.20. Each Tier I grant cannot exceed $200,000; however, the State of California may award more than one (1) Tier I grant as long as the total amount of awarded grants doesn’t exceed $200,000.
Tier II: Up to $1.5 million may be awarded to a California project in the national competition. A total of $8 million is available for Tier II projects nationally. All Tier II grants must meet the eligibility requirements of 50 CFR 86.20.
Grant applications and supporting documentation must be received by DBW on or before AUGUST 1, 2017.
Division of Boating and Waterways
ATTN: Lisa Fernandes
One Capital Mall, Suite 500
Sacramento, CA 95814
For additional information or to discuss the potential project regarding eligibility, please contact Lisa Fernandes at (916) 327-1819 or Lisa.Fernandes@parks.ca.gov
Click on links below for application instructions and additional information regarding BIG Tier I & Tier II grants:
- Application Instructions
- Application Cover Sheet
- Application Checklist
- Notice of Funding Opportunity BIG Tier I
- Notice of Funding Opportunity BIG Tier II
- Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (50 CFR 86.20) as published in the Federal Register (General information and program guidelines start at section 86.11 of the document). All federal funding must comply with state and federal regulations including 2CFR200.