Facility Grants and Loans
Grants and Loans Available for Recreational Boating Facilities with Public Access
- Loan and grant applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
- February 1, 2018 is the application deadline for each funding cycle.
- Applications for Private Loans, Local Assistance Loans, and Boat Launching Facilities (BLF) Grants will be considered for funding in the State's Fiscal Year 2019-2020 budget.
- Applications for Non-Motorized Boating Facility and Ramp Repair and Modification Grants will be considered for funding in Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
Grants and loans are awarded on a competitive basis.
Grants are made to qualifying public agencies to fund facilities such as boat launching ramps, boarding floats, and associated parking areas, restrooms, and lighting for motorized and non-motorized boaters.
Loans are made to qualifying public and private entities to pay for improvements to marinas.
Read the Application Instructions prior to beginning the application process for the Boat Launch Facilities Grants and the Public and Private Marina Loans. Prior to submitting an application, review the application checklist to ensure your submittal is complete. A resolution from your governing body is required.
BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY (MOTORIZED)
- Boat Launching Facilities Grant Application
- Boat Launching Facility (BLF) Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Boat Launch Facility Grant Scope Items Guide
NON-MOTORIZED BOAT LAUNCHING FACILITY
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Application
- Non-Motorized Boating Facility Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Non-Motorized Boat Launch Facility Grant Scope Items Guide
RAMP REPAIR AND MODIFICATION
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Application
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Ranking Worksheet
- Ramp Repair and Modification Grant Scope Items Guide
PRIVATE AND PUBLICALLY OWNED MARINA LOAN
- Resolution Samples and Instructions
- Layout Design and Construction Handbook for Small Craft Boat Launching Facilities
For more information, please contact Joe Dux at Joe.Dux@parks.ca.gov or (916) 327-1816